Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Sian Ah!

I'm now in the midst of typing remarks for my class pupils. Not even half is done but I'm running out of ideas and decide to take a brain break. Maybe blogging will help. I guess. Plus, due to popular demand, I've been told to update my blog regularly so that my loyal fans will have more to read. Haha!

Last Saturday, I went for my regular check up at the gynae. Baby is now 32 weeks old. It seemed just like yesterday that I was counting the weeks to reach 20 and now I'm almost towards the end of the pregnancy.

I'm having mixed feelings. Both of apprehension and excitement. Apprehension cos I don't know whether I'll be able to handle the wobbly little thing in my arms and whether she'll be screaming and shouting in the middle of the night. I mean, after dealing with the monsters in school, I guess I should be able to handle a little one right? Apart from the apprehension, there is more excitement filled in me. The pregnancy has been a smooth one so far and it seems almost touching that it's near the end now. In about 2 months time, I'll be able to see my baby. Seems surreal to say 'my baby'. Haha! I feel myself not fully grown up yet and now I'm going to be a mother. Gosh!

At the last check up, the gynae really make me feel that reality is drawing near. She passed me a letter of admission to the hospital and told me that I've to bring it everywhere I go in case of emergency. She has also given me the number to call in case I feel labour pain.

So I asked her, 'How will I know whether the contractions are for real?'.

She just replied me nonchantly, 'You'll know when it's labour pain. It'll be painful. Can't describe it otherwise.'

So I just looked at her and nodded my head. Not very helpful I think to myself. Of course I know it'll be painful. But I heard so much about fake contractions. So I was more like asking her how will I know whether it's the real thing or not. But nevermind.

Baby is still in the breech position and she told me that by now, most baby would have turned and get ready for arrival. Somehow, little princess is more upright than others and prefer to stand most of the time. So gynae told me that if by the next visit, she still isn't turned around yet, she'll have to turn her manually. Baby is now 1.9kg and during the scan, we can only see parts of her. It's either the head, the abdomen or the legs. Her head just looks like a round ball, her abdomen, another round ball and legs, hmmm, somewhat resembles that of frog's legs. Haha!

My sister was also with us for the check up.

After the check up, she asked me, 'How is the doctor going to turn the baby manually?'

I gave her a blank look and she continued, 'Is she going in there to turn the baby?' She said this complete with actions. Hands outstretched and turning her palms round and round.

I wanted to laugh out loud but I contained myself and answered her, 'Then she might as well just carry the baby out right? Why go through the hassle of turning?!?!'

Then both of us started laughing. My sister never fails to make me laugh each time I'm with her.

Last night, I started packing my hospital bag. I wrote a list of what to bring while doing invigilation and realised that I may need a luggage to lug everything to the hospital. But at the same time, the bag can't be too bulky cos when the pain is here, I can't possibly bring such a heavy bag to the hospital. So I tried to find everything travel size. Hopefully, it'll reduce the weight of the bag. My bag is full of my stuff. Baby stuff is still outside. How? I can't possibly go dirty and smelly without all my toiletries or clean change of clothes right? At the same time, I can't allow my baby to go home naked without her cute little pink tops. What a dilemma. It's just giving birth and it's more difficult than rocket science.

I gotta enjoy the last 2 months of my pregnancy. All the pampering from family and friends will soon come to an end when the baby is out. The attention will be diverted to her and now I'm just riding on it.

The night before I fell asleep, I asked my hubby, 'After baby comes out, will you still wake up to make breakfast for me?'

Without hesitation, he replied, 'Yes of course. Baby needs breakfast too right?'

That ended my night and that tells you the plight I'll be in when baby is out.

No comments: