Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Rest

休息是为了走更长的路.

I always abide by that saying whenever I feel like taking a rest. Left school today at 3pm after finish marking my last question for the 3E EM papers. I'm now down to my last stacks of AM papers and I'm done. The papers are back home with me but I've not even touched them yet.

Decided to come home early today cos poor hubby is on MC today. So I thought I'll come home earlier to keep him company. Ended up sleeping the afternoon away and when I woke up, it's dinner time. So I figured there's no point in trying to salvage the no-marking situation and just go with the flow. Will bring the whole stack of papers back to school tomorrow and immerse myself in marking the day away.

Worse come to worse, there's always Thursday which is the official marking day anyway.

If there's anything that this whole pregnancy has taught me, it taught me to cherish every single minute that I have. As my due date is at the end of the year, I feel the need to finish up matters and hand them over properly to the next person taking over me. So I try to complete my work quickly so that I've time to deal with the nitty gritty stuff. And that's a good thing isn't it? I guess it's probably my need to feel efficient as I'm always worrying that I'll be unable to cope with the baby coming along. So this is like a training period?

I always admire my colleagues who are able to handle both families and work. They seem to do it so effortlessly. I tell myself that I've to be like that too. I want to have my cake and eat it.

I hope that didn't sound too ambitious but we just have to better ourselves at every stage of our life right?

Just after dinner, hubby and I started discussing about where to place all the furniture in the house. Our place is currently in a mess with a whole mix of furniture. They come in all colours and designs and simply do not match at all. That's a big headache. Plus we need to make sure that the place is babysafe so that when junior is able to start walking, we don't have to start changing the furniture and everything. Space doesn't seem big enough to house everything. And to think that I used to live in a 3-room flat when I was born and my parents are able to accomodate everything in that house.

Sometimes, I think we complain too much. If I were to compare my time with my parents' time, I'm definitely much more fortunate. I've a bigger flat and both me and hubby are working to support the family. And yet, I always complain to my mummy that I've not enough money. Haha! My mummy will then bring up her old grandmother story about how she has to scrimp and save just to raise me and my sister up cos my daddy was the only one working. Then she'll go on about how they finally managed to save up enough to move to a bigger place and so on and so forth. Come to think of it, it's really quite admirable for them to be able to do that. Especially on a single income.

Oh well, it's almost 10pm and it's time for me to rest. AGAIN. Haha!

No comments: