Sunday, October 28, 2007

Can't think of any

Went to see the gynae on Friday. Reached there at 5pm and as usual took my weight and goodness gracious, my weight increased by 2kg over the last 2 weeks!! I thought I would have increased like at most 1kg? But no, it's 2kg! Sigh. If only I can lose weight as easily.

So anyway, took my weight and urine test and then sat down and waited for my turn. Then the very familiar line rang down the hallway:

"Dr Tan delivery!"

Not again! The last visit my gynae had to deliver a baby and it happened again this week. Well, can't complain cos one day, it could be me in the delivery suite while the millions of preggies are waiting for Dr Tan in her clinic. Luckily, hubby's aunt was with me and so I had her as company. Went to grab a bite while waiting for my hubby to arrive.

Upon returning back to the clinic, my turn came surprisingly early. Hubby wasn't there yet but I had no choice but to go in without hubby's company. This week, I had to check for any vaginal infection. It felt kinda uncomfortable and I can't imagine giving birth. Gosh! Then I asked the gynae whether there's any chance that baby will arrive earlier and she poked her finger into my vagina and then gave me a negative answer. I wondered what she's feeling for. At the same visit, the nurse also taught me how to do breast massage to stimulate the milk ducts so that I'll have breast milk when baby arrives. I felt seriously molested during that visit. Haha! But good thing is that baby princess is now 2.73kg and the gynae told me that if she grows at the same rate, she should be about 3kg when she arrives in this world.

Poor hubby totally missed the check up this week. He's supposed to finish work at 5.45pm and the delivery should have bought him some time. However, he took a wrong bus and gotta change another bus. What made things worse was that he's having a fever and he had to run all the way to the next bus stop to take another bus to the hospital. When he reached the clinic, he was panting and puffing away and he lamented that he didn't get to see his little girl this week. He was visibly upset and I felt a bit upset to see him so disappointed. His life revolves around baby now and he's always looking forward to the gynae visits.

After the check up, we went to the family clinic at the hospital to see the doctor about his fever. He's seriously ill with fever, flu, sore throat, respiratory tract infection and cough. Initially, we thought the fee wouldn't be very much higher than the normal GP. When we received the bill, we almost fainted. Ok, I almost fainted. Hubby is already fainting anyway. It came up to about $80. But seeing how much trouble it saved us and hubby's disappointment over not seeing baby, I felt it's alright. I just wanted to reach home earlier so that he can rest.

Hubby is still not very well and though his fever has subsided, his respiratory tract infection is still not very well. Gotta rest for a few more days but he can't take leave for the next few days. Poor thing.

Last night, I noticed a red spot in my discharge and I called up the hospital straight away. I didn't feel any pain or contractions and so I didn't admit myself into the hospital. We checked up the Internet regarding spotting during the third trimester and then we found out that it could be because of the vaginal examination the day before. So for the next few days, I just have to monitor and take note of any changes to my body. As long as baby is doing good. She's still very much active today and can even wake me up in the morning.

The subsequent check ups will be once a week. Will be able to see baby again next weekend. Hopefully hubby feels a bit more consoled by this fact. At least the wait isn't that long anymore. Who knows, baby may just decide to arrive earlier.

No comments: