Friday, October 19, 2007

MC today

I've wronged my precious 'ps girl'. So all these while, it wasn't her fault that I've been having diarrhoea.

Didn't go to work today cos of my tummy. As usual, after breakfast, I needed to visit the washroom. However, what is unusual this morning is that the tummy still feels annoyingly weird. It's not wrenching pain but it's just a dull pain that just irritates you. I thought maybe I can still make it to school and so left home. After reaching my void deck and crossing the car park, the pain is still there and so I decided to do a U-turn and head for home instead.

Hubby was very worried and asked me if I was going to deliver the baby anytime soon. I told him no cos the pain isn't contraction pains. I reckon contraction pains will be more unbearable. It won't be as simple as an irritating sensation. He left work and said he'll take half day urgent leave to keep me company in the afternoon.

So anyway, I went to see the doctor and told the doctor that I was having diarrhoea for almost a week. He asked me why did I wait so long before seeing a doctor and I told him that I thought it was normal. Moreover, the frequency of me visiting the toilet isn't that high. It's just that today felt a bit abnormal that I decided to see him. He went through the routine questionings and can even joke with me saying that this must be my first pregnancy cos I can remember how many weeks old is baby. He told me that usually mummies going through second pregnancy won't remember how many weeks is the baby. I made a mental note at that point in time that I won't do that to baby #2. So unfair right? I'll try at least.

In the end, he told me that it's actually cos of the milk that I've been taking every morning. He explained to me that it's cos of some enzyme lining that needs to break down the milk and that this lining is broken and so that's what's causing the diarrhoea. For now, I just gotta stay off milk and any milk products.

Ok, so now 'ps girl' shall have her title revoked. She'll just be back to be called 'my little princess'. Or whatever names that I feel like calling her. Her daddy calls her 'cheeky monkey'. So endearing isn't it? Haha!

No comments: