Saturday, October 6, 2007

Fat Fat Fat

I'm now officially 50 days away from my EDD.

The final lap of pregnancy is finally taking a toil on me. Not so much of being tired. But rather the physical discomfort that is happening to me. As a teacher, I do lots of walking and standing which are no good for me. At the end of the day, I REALLY can't find my ankles anymore. My pupils come up to me and ask me why are my ankles so swollen. Goodness gracious! And that didn't happen at the end of the day.

I always have to get my hubby dearest to massage my feet at the end of the day and that will soothe the ache a little. My feet will then will to be propped up and hopefully, I'll see my ankles the next day. However, in the morning after waking up, another ache hits me. My fingers go all numb and I've to clench them to get the blood flowing and then I'll stare at those sausage fingers to make sure that they're actually part of my body. That's my swollen ankle for tonight. And that's on a better night. Other nights it could have been worse.



At this juncture, I realise that my baby is having hiccups. The feeling is somewhat like being in a club and you keep feeling the bass of the music and your body just goes 'thump thump thump'. Something like that. Talking about baby, I think she's getting bigger and so the space inside the womb is getting limited. Sometimes when I sit without a straight back, I can feel her stretching herself to get into a comfortable position. And then I'll have to sit up straight so that she'll feel a little bit more comfortable. Trouble is I don't know what position is she in now and so can't feel whether the stretch is due to her legs or hands.

Been taking her stuff out to wash so that she'll be all ready for the new world. Her clothes are all so tiny that I'm figuring out how to hang them up on the bamboo pole. Then I think to myself, how can anyone so tiny fit into those clothes?! Haha! The sizing of my clothes just gets bigger and it's depressing to go shopping nowadays. I hardly look at myself in the mirror anymore. I can't face that fishball look anymore. *sob sob* I wish I can just store the baby somewhere during pregnancy and then pick her up at the end of the 9 months. But that will mean I'll miss out on those little kicks and little stretches. How nice if I can feel all these and the baby is stored somewhere else. Then I wouldn't have to feel enormous and still enjoy the process of pregnancy.

Oh did I mention that I'm having stretch marks already?!?!?! I was rather lazy in applying my stretch mark cream and took for granted that maybe it wouldn't happen to me. Then one fine day, I looked at myself in the mirror, admiring my tummy and saw those awful red lines!!! I almost fainted on the spot. I took out my stretch mark cream and started applying on those lines. I kept going over and over the little red lines, it's as if I'm hoping they'll go away after rubbing. But they didn't. In fact, I feel as if there're more of them recently. Told myself, what the heck. I look awful enough. What's a few more lines. Tragic isn't it?

On a happier note, baby has gotten herself a new top. Thanks to Aunty M again. It's one with a cute little rabbit.



I hear the washing machine finishing its run. Gotta go hang up baby's clothes.

Then I'll start my nightly routine of massaging my big fat ankles.

No comments: