Sunday, September 2, 2007

Sweeping away the cobwebs

I've been reminded again and again by various people to update my blog. But I'm sooooooooo busy that I keep forgetting about it. Haha! Ok, maybe not. I'm just too L-A-Z-Y!

It's been a very long time since 'My little fingers' and baby has now grown beyond her rat-like look. I really have no idea how to continue from the thrill of first seeing her little fingers.

Alright, let's see. *Thinks for a long long time*

Ok, maybe I'll start with the detailed scan on 6 July 2007. It was scheduled at 2.30pm and the purpose of the scan is to make sure that her organs are growing well and that her backbone is well-developed. To also make sure that she has no cleft lips and most importantly, to find out her gender. Well, I guess it's no surprise to most people who knows English that even before I announce the gender, you can easily guess that she's a girl. Ok, for those of you who doesn't realise still, the heavy usage of 'her' in this post should tell you that baby is a girl. Haha!

Hubby and my mother-in-law went with me for the detailed scan and the doctor was rather confident of his scan and showed us how he confirmed that she was a girl. He was all professional about it and went, "Can you see the two lines at the labia? It confirms that she's a girl." So any hopes of her being a boy is dashed. It's not that I'm unhappy that she's a girl. I've always wanted a baby girl. But at the same time, I only want to have 2 babies and I tell myself that one of them must be a boy. I mean after all, hubby is the only male descendent of the family. Coming from a Chinese family, it seems quite important that I have a baby boy. So if baby is a boy, I'll have less pressure in the next pregnancy. Haha! But that's beside the point now.

So during that scan, doctor told us that baby is healthy and everything is going on well. I seriously think that is the most important thing to the baby. We were told that she's quite an active baby but generally cooperative as she wasn't hiding away from the scope the whole time the scan was going on.

Here's a pic of her when she was 19 weeks old.


I call this picture the 'princess wave'. She was waving when we were trying to locate her hands.


That was the latest pic I have of her in my tummy. Just yesterday, I requested for her pic but doctor says that now she's too big to be in a single picture and so it doesn't make sense to take any picture.


This week, baby is 28 weeks old. She's now a 1.2kg baby and her kicks are getting more regular. From the last check up, when she is 24 weeks, she has grown almost double. She was 585g the last time we checked. I read somewhere that now she's going through a growth spurt and so that explains the weight gain. Oh ya, during the last check up, we saw baby moving! We actually saw her moving her little thumb into her mouth. She ended up sucking her thumb! Hee!

I'm beginning to feel more and more like a penguin as the days go by as I'm starting to have difficulty walking like a normal human being. Haha! My legs are starting to show signs of water retention and it looks like an elephant leg at the end of day. Especially on days when my teaching periods are more than usual. I always have a hard time locating my ankles. Haha!

Well, apart from all these, I guess I'm quite blessed that this pregnancy has been quite smooth. Oh did I mention bout the breakouts on my face, back and body? Alright, apart from this as well, the pregnancy has been quite smooth. I didn't suffer from morning sickness and the other pregnancy complaints. And of course, the best part of it all is the shopping!


Hubby and I are pretty excited about the arrival of baby and each time we go out shopping, we end up buying stuff for baby. She has now a shelf full of clothes to welcome her and lots of toys for her to play with. We've got the baby cot ready, milk bottles, steriliser, baby wipes, baby bootees, baby mittens, pacifier, night light, swaddles, pram, bath tub, changing mat etc etc ready. We even bought wallpaper so that we can decorate the room for her.



An elmo toy and a bear hand puppet......

A cot mobile courtesy of her aunt.

I don't really know how to describe this. But basically it allows baby to kick on it and the little chick will flap its wings saying 'peekaboo' with a little tune.

We bought this turtle in KL. It will give out a baby giggle when you press on its shell. When we first saw it, we didn't buy cos it was the last piece and we felt that it was quite dusty. So in the end, we went to several other stores and couldn't find it. Finally, we found this at Toy'R'Us in one of the shopping mall. And it was also the last piece! Luckily it wasn't dusty. So we brought it all the way back from KL. Recently, we saw this in Singapore as well. Haha! And we thought this was something unique that can only be found in Malaysia.

Bought this night light on Friday. It is sound activated. Which means if baby cries, the light will be switched on automatically and the theme sound of 'Winnie the Pooh' will start playing. It also has a projection on the wall.

These are just some of the new items that baby has. Will take pictures of her new clothes the next time round. We bought her some nice dresses recently too. For now, we're just counting down to the days when she'll be out to greet the world. I'll be lying if I say I'm not excited. Feeling her little kicks inside my tummy is a real magical feeling. It reminds me constantly that a little life is growing inside of me. She can be really naughty at times. Just the other night, her daddy was trying to listen to what she is doing inside the tummy. Just as daddy was listening intently to her, she gave daddy a little kick on his face. I wonder all the time who she will look like, whether she'll be a good baby, how her smile will be like and so on.

It feels very blissful to be in this stage right now.

1 comment:

CARLING .v said...

MUMMY PENGUIN! :)

everyone loves princess foo gong zhu!

-car.