Friday, April 27, 2007

My little fingers

So I went for the second check up yesterday. I was pretty worried before the check up as I don't know whether baby has grown since the last time we saw him/her? Hmm...let's presume she's a her.


Appointment was fixed at 5pm but the clinic called me at 4.15pm asking me if I can go earlier. I was happy of course as the gynae is really quite popular and we always have to wait for a long time for her. Despite the fact that my stomach is growling away, I went to register first at 4.30pm and waited patiently for my turn. However, upon reaching the clinic, I knew something was not right. There were at least 3 other couples sitting outside her room and I'm wondering to myself if I heard the nurse wrongly. But I didn't. Nevertheless, I waited. One after another, the couples went in and I sat there looking at the time ticking away. I felt seriously cheated and I wanted to kill myself at that instant. Hunger and impatience isn't a good combination.


As we were sitting just outside the clinic, we could hear the heartbeat of other babies while their mummies were doing their ultrasound. I even jokingly told my hubby that I'm going to ask the gynae to do a ultrasound for my stomach too so that she can hear my stomach growling away from hunger. (Note: As my baby is still pretty small so the scanning is done through, ermm, the direct passage.)


After what seems like a few million years, I'm finally in the consultation room. Well, at least the wait was worth it as the baby has grown. Dr says that baby has grown more than double and is now on the growing curve. Thank goodness. We were naturally relieved of course. Took back the scan and to our observation, we can actually see the little fingers. Really amazing!


The delivery package and ward were also booked yesterday. I think I'm ready. =)

No comments: