Monday, March 31, 2008

Sniff Sniff Cough Cough

After the runaway adventure on Saturday, Raine fell sick.

She woke up on Sunday morning with cough and a drippy nose.
Goodness gracious!
Luckily, she's still a bundle of energy and can play and laugh.

However, the thought of it developing into something more serious was worrying.
So we brought her to the GP at TMC.
Raine was a curious little girl and kept playing with the stethoscope while the doctor was trying to examine her.
She pulled and tugged at the instrument while waiting for some reaction from the doctor.
Luckily the doctor was pretty patient and even attempted to play with her.
Attempted cos I didn't think he was being very entertaining. Haha!

Last night, her cough developed into something more serious.
At one point, she almost coughed till she ran out of breath.
My heart nearly leapt out from my mouth.
So I told myself that I better bring her to the paediatrician today.
Took leave today so that at 9am sharp, I waited outside the clinic's door queuing to see the doctor.
I thought I'll be number one but someone else beat me to it!
Shucks! Hee! Singaporeans must be number one in everything!

After the visit to the paediatrician, we still can't go home.
That's cos the banging and drilling outside my unit is still going on.
So we had to bring Raine to her caretaker's place to spend the day there.
A good thing is that after all the medication, her nose stopped dripping and her cough has somewhat subsided.

Stole some time to return back to school to settle some matters.
Finally felt more relieved that everything is more or less settled.

Tomorrow, I've to be back in school.
I'm having Tuesday blues.

No comments: