Sunday, September 28, 2008

A little breather

No, it's not a busy period for me.

Or rather, I'm getting a little break now that 2E5 and 3T1 are having their end of year examinations and the prelims are over for the sec 4s.


So it seems that my marking of the prelim exam papers are over.
The exam papers didn't smile at them AT ALL.
In fact, most of them deteriorated and they didn't seem at all worried.
Goodness gracious!

However, one of the classes improved and though they didn't improved by leaps and bounds but they did improve.

Like I told them in class, I told them that though I'm glad to see their improvements but it's not enough for me to feel secure that they can do well in their O-levels.
I don't expect them to do well for me.
I want them to do well for themselves.
But how else can I help them except to be there for them when they need that little helping hand.


It's strange to think how complex human relationships can be.


Last week, I celebrated my 5th year wedding anniversary with my hubby.
It's been 5 years.
Sometimes, when I think back of the times we spent together, I still find it amazing that we've spent 5 years together as husband and wife.
No doubt we've our shares of arguments and disagreements but on hindsight, it's always due to the way we show our concern for each other.
Probably, overly-concerned hinging on paranoia.

My hubby has been a great husband.
He's thoughtful in his own little ways and always put the family first before anything else.
He has his fair share of flaws and I'm sure I do as well.
However, he often turn a blind eye to my flaws and accept me for who I am.

We celebrated our anniversary in a simple way with dinner and drinks.
Simple and yet something that we both appreciate very much.
Eversince Raine is born, we seldom get a night out without her.
So even simple things like dinner and drinks seem extremely rare and special.

Today, I'm blessed with my family, my friends and a healthy body.

Raine is growing up day by day and I'm etching her growing up process deeply in my heart.
She's learning fast and her latest craze is to roar at others.
Her confidence to take her baby steps is growing and I'm still waiting for the day where she can confidently stand up and take her first few steps into her toddler year.
She's now a mischievous little imp and her funny antics never fail to brighten up my days.
I can't wait for her to grow up and call me 'mummy'.
Now she's just blabbering away with words that just doesn't make sense.
But I'm starting to realise that they're now of different intonations and pitches.


Her hair is a constant worry of mine.
Brought her to the hairdresser finally few weeks back and it was a disaster.
She started crying the moment the hairdresser laid the scissors on her hair.
She didn't stop till the hairdresser was done.
By the time the hairdresser was done, her face was covered with a mixture of hair and tears.
That was indeed a very teary hairy situation.
Gotta coax her with her favourite ride on Barney before she put the whole hair cutting episode behind and started smiling again.
So how did the haircut look?
Well, nothing much changed except that her fringe is now shorter.
Wasted $20! What's worse was the hairdresser.
She looked like a total ah lian and stunk of ciggies.
Sigh!
I swear I'm never going back there ever again!

I'm still deciding what kinda celebration I should have for Raine.
It's afterall her first birthday party!
But I figured she's too young to enjoy anything and the only people that'll appreciate the whole celebration will be the adults.
How?
This is such a tough decision.

No comments: