Thursday, December 20, 2007

7 weeks old and counting

I've been saying that I hardly find time to update this almost dead blog so today I decided to stop procastinating and just update.

Baby Raine is now 7 weeks old and she has really grown.




Last Saturday, we brought her for her first vaccination and my little strong baby girl gave a loud wail and stopped.
However, she came back and developed a fever that went up to a high of 38.1 deg celsius.
That was her first ever fever and that got everyone around really worried.
She was cranky, fussy and refused to be pacified no matter what.
She almost cried till her voice went hoarse. Poor thing.
How my heart ache to hear her cry. Now I finally know how mothers feel.
Blur me made things worse by giving her the wrong dosage of medicine.
I'm supposed to give her 1 ml of paracetomol and yet I ended up giving her 0.1 ml only!

Terrible mistake for a mother!

Luckily she got well in the end. *Phew*

She is now 4.2kg and has learnt how to make vowel sounds apart from crying.
She can also lift her head up to 90 degrees when facing down.
Seeing her grow day by day just makes me feel that all the lack of sleep is worthwhile after all.
Especially when she gives you a big smile and your heart just melts.
When I first started taking care of her, I really couldn't cope.
Everything that I thought was simple is not simple at all.
Even more so when she starts crying and I just can't figure out why she's crying.
I get frustrated and then at the end of the day, I start crying thinking to myself what a failure I am.
A good thing is that my husband is very supportive.
He's been encouraging me and giving me the support whenever he can.
He has learnt how to carry baby and rock her to sleep when I'm all exhausted.
Sometimes, he'll even volunteer to feed her.

Things are now getting back to routine and I have also gotten myself into the routine.
Though things may seem a bit haywire at times, I tell myself that if others can do it, I can too.
This thought kept me going and at the end of it all, I brace myself to take care of my little girl again.
She's only got one mummy and that's me.


Btw, we've bought her another toy.
The previous toys that we bought her are not that suitable for her yet.
So bought her this cute little rabbit toy that rattles when shaken.




Her daddy calls it the MAD RABBIT!
Why mad you ask, well......I'm not really too sure. Haha!
But mad rabbit always attacks little Raine and I guess that's why.
We're thinking of buying more toys for her later on.
Mummy and Daddy is going shopping and leaving little Raine with her grandmother and grandaunt.

I just can't wait for her to grow up!
Then I'll be able to doll her up in cute little dresses and bring her shopping.
Now she's just a bundle and still too young to bring out to the crowds.

Grow Raine Grow!

No comments: